Friday 28 March 2014

2014 Miami - Final

It's finals day! I've still managed to predict the two finalists (even though I though Li might even lose to Cibulkova). Over the next two weeks I may not be posting as much, but I will definitely start once the clay court season kicks in. So here's my take on things:

[1] Serena Williams vs. [2] Li Na
This match up is probably the most exciting for me because it might (emphasis on the 'might') start a fantastic rivalry between the two 32 year olds, especially considering the major improvement Li had made to her game since their last matchup in Istanbul. Over the past two weeks Li has shown that she is able to win ugly, grinding out some amazing final sets after losing a fair bit of concentration towards the middle of the matches. This might come in handy against Williams, considering how she can also have her ups and downs, albeit less volatile than Li. I still think that Williams' 6-4, 6-3 routing of Sharapova shows how well she is playing though, and how much she wants this title. As much as I want Li to win, I don't think that Williams will let up now, especially with the title in sight. 



Prediction: Serena Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment