Wednesday 26 March 2014

2014 Miami - Semifinals

Amazingly, I got all 4 predictions right! I hope that's a good omen for the rest of the year. Also, if it isn't just me writing these blogs for mysterious computers who view my blog for no reason whatsoever, please comment and like! I really want to know what you guys think and if you like my blog, please share it around! Onto the tennis:

[1] Serena Williams vs. [4] Maria Sharapova
I think Miami has done much better than Indian Wells in terms of its quality match-ups, and this is why! I think from the outset, Williams does not want to lose to Sharapova, considering their not-so-perfect relationship. Also, Williams is the defending champion at this event (beating guess who?), and has a 14-2 record against Sharapova. Also, Sharapova seems to always become overpowered by Williams in their matchups, as well as Williams tightening her game, so I think this will be quite an uphill battle for Sharapova.



Prediction: Serena Williams

[2] Li Na vs. [10] Dominika Cibulkova
By now I'm pretty sure the 6-0 head to head in favour of Li speaks volumes of how Cibulkova has been unable to fully capitalise on the opportunities which Li's many unforced errors present. However, this is now the third time these two will be meeting each other this year, and Cibukova has been inching closer and closer to beating Li, forcing her to 3 sets at Indian Wells. I still think though, that Miami's court surface favours Li much more than at Indian Wells, and will take a determined effort by Cibulkova to make inroads in this head to head.

 

Prediction: Li Na

No comments:

Post a Comment